Roasted Butternut Squash with a Cider Vinaigrette
Original recipe from www.realsimple.com
- 3 small Butternut Squash
- 8 Shallots, cut into wedges
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 cup CSA Apple Juice (or cider, if store-bought)
- 2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp whole-grain Mustard
- 1/4cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Peel the butternut squash, cut in half to scrape out the seeds, and slice in 1/2in pieces. Peel the shallots and cut into 1/2in wedges. Toss with 2 Tbsp of olive oil, along with 1tsp salt and pepper.
- Spread out the squash and shallot slices on two rimmed baking sheets, lined with tin foil. Divide the squash and shallots among 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, then flip slices over and roast another 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the squash is roasting, simmer the cider in a small saucepan until reduced to 1/2 cup, 20-30minutes, then cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in the vinegar, mustard, parsley, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- When serving the squash and shallots, drizzle with the vinaigrette.