This is an extremely adaptable recipe – you can throw in your favorite cheese, protein, vegetables, and a wide range of greens. Just keep the base egg mixture the same, and be sure there’s enough of it to bind your add-ins together.
- 8 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss Cheese (optional)
- 1 lb Greens (Swiss Chard, Kale, Spinach, etc.), chopped
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6oz Sundried Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4oz Crumbled Goat Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and swiss cheese.
- In a large cast iron skillet, saute your greens until just wilted. Set aside on a paper towel to drain and dry.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet, add diced onions and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes). Add in garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute more. Stir in sundried tomatoes and wilted greens.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet, mixing with ingredients, and sprinkle goat cheese on top.
- Cook on stove top until edges start to pull away from the skillet, about 7-9minutes. Remove from stovetop and put into the oven for 18-20 minutes, until mixture is set. It shouldn’t jiggle, and a knife inserted into the middle should come out clean.